Mechanical Design Engineer
- Peenya, Bangalore
- Design and R&D Department
|Name of Position||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Reporting To||Report to Head Design|
|Work Location||Peenya, Bangalore|
|Academic Background||M.E / BE Mechanical Engineering|
|Majors Preferred||Major Preferred Mechanical Engineering|
|Preferred Industry||Manufacturing Industry or Machine Tool Industry|
Job Description / Responsibilites
At UCAM we are looking for a mechanical Design Engineer to develop innovative mechanical engineered products . A mechanical designer will meet with members of management and identify new products to develop or improve existing products. Work with customers and clients to develop customised products.
Main / Essential Tasks
- Hands on experience in 3D tools preferably in SOLIDWORKS
- Hands on experience in Solidworks PDM
- Basic knowledge on product design concepts
- Fixture designing
- Ability to interpret Engineering/ Manufacturing drawings
- Good knowledge of GD&T
- Documentation and controls preparations
- Good knowledge of various manufacturing processes
- Good knowledge on CNC Machining Centers and Applications of CNC Machining Centers
- Advanced knowledge on materials and their properties and stress relieving concepts
- Basic knowledge of Gears, bearing and seals
- Basic knowledge on bought components and understanding specifications
- Knowledge on review tools and DFMEA
- Fundamental knowledge on Cost on Poor Quality
- Concept knowledge on Design for Manufacturing, Design for assembly, Design for Quality, Design for serviceability
- Knowledge on Optimization approaches and basic knowledge on FEA concepts
- Knowledge Validation process
- Knowledge on ISO norms and ability to refer engineering data handbook
- Good knowledge in microsoft office tools, knowledge in google workspace preferred.
- Basic knowledge on process flowcharts.
- Ability to read technical journal papers and literature review
- Affinity towards reports, preparing presentations, research and data analysis.
- Good listening skills and ability to communicate in both English and Kannada would be an advantage.
- Experience with full-cycle concept to product design to engineering design to manufacturing design - PLM
- Good knowledge on Google Workspace
- Interpersonal skills and excellent communication
- Team management, flow charts, sharp intellect and an eye for details
- Mechanical design certifications would be an advantage
CTC / Annum