Vendor Development Engineer
- Work Location Peenya and Dobbaspet, Bangalore
- Production Department
|Name of Position||Vendor Development Engineer|
|Reporting To||Darshan YS|
|Work Location||Work Location Peenya and Dobbaspet, Bangalore|
|Academic Background||Diploma/BE in Mechanical Engineering|
|Majors Preferred||Mechanical Engineering|
|Preferred Industry||Manufacturing Industry|
Job Description / Responsibilites
Establish new Vendors to increase capacity, reduce cost. Audit the Vendors for their capabilities, process stability, safety and statutory requirements. The successful candidate will be strong technically, with high organizational skills, good business understanding, and persuasive communication skills.
Main / Essential Tasks
- Build a strong vendor base for the company
- Drive supplier selection through robust qualification processes meet UCAM requirements on quality, delivery & cost.
- Asses existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfilment. ensuring suppliers can meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery of components
- Manage external vendor relations within the Operations Department.
- Perform as a functional bridge amongst external vendors as well as internal stakeholders.
- Identify improvement areas internally as well as perform closely with all internal stakeholders to prepare solutions.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to sourcing and development of suppliers with respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics and delivery
- Participate to formulate workflow processes, methods and policies for applying vendors.
- Monitor and give feedback to suppliers through scorecard to Key Performance Indicators on day to day activities
- Thorough Knowledge of GD&T
- Clear Drawing understanding
- Knowledge of fabrication, machining process and special process
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Material and process knowledge
- Awareness of prevailing market prices
- Commercial and taxation knowledge
- Computer proficiency
- Expert communication skills
- Proactive approach to resolving issues with cross functional team
- Assertiveness in communication
- Taking complete ownership of all supply chain activities
- Attention to detail
- Cost Sensitive
- Very good presentation skills
- Google Workspace
CTC / Annum
5 to 7 LPA